- A sub-tropical modern design with a natural material palette of stone, timber & concrete.
- The dwellings bulk & mass was pushed back into the site to consume useless south facing backyards overlooking neighbours. This allowed beautiful light filled North facing courtyards behind the street front carports, also capitalising on views to the Broadbeach skyline.
- Vegetation was integral to the design with wedges of the building mass carved out & vegetation veins penetrating the internal spaces. Rooftop & First Floor planters provide cooling vegetation, healthy living spaces & soften views from above.
- Passive principles for light, energy & breeze with timeless architecture that reflects the sub-tropical climate in which it is sited and therefore performs where & how we live.
- Recently completed with Steve James Constructions.
- Photography by Kristian van der Beek – kristianbeek.com